CUSTOM HOMES USA PACKAGE SPECIFICATIONS
Custom Homes USA Post and Beam Deluxe
Post and Beam Deluxe Home Package
The Custom Homes USA Deluxe Post and Beam home package has been carefully selected to give you more choices, more options and the best value. It also contains the construction plans and materials needed to get your custom home built to the important lock-up stage quickly.
1. Concept design drawings
2. Construction plans
3. Foundation plans
4. Hi-line structural framing components
5. Brand name windows and doors
6. High performance siding
7. Superior roof system and materials
8. Trim, fascia, soffit and interior liner
9. Full range of product options
10. Comprehensive warranties
1. Concept Design Drawings
Custom Homes USA includes concept design drawings in its custom home package. These drawings can cost a considerable amount of money when purchased separately from designers or architects.
Concept design drawings show the proposed floor plan and exterior look (elevations) of the custom home. This is the easiest and least expensive time to make design changes. Custom Homes USA provides a large team of experts who can help you create a full custom concept design.
Once the concept is finalized these drawings are used to prepare construction plans. Having a well thought out concept design will save you a lot of money during the construction process. Custom Homes Price Savings
2. Construction Plans
Custom Homes USA final construction plans are widely regarded as the best in the business by custom builders. They contain all the detail required to obtain building permits and build the home quickly and efficiently.
Customized construction plans are generated based on your concept design. All our plans are Engineer reviewed for conformance to the National Building Code in the United States. Our Building Process
Our assurance of conformance, however, does not extend to include special local conditions, seismic and /or wind loading. A local engineer should be retained to respond to these conditions. Any applicable local costs are the responsibility of the customer.
3. Foundation Plans
Custom Homes USA includes a foundation plan for your custom home, including crawlspace, partial, full or walk-out basement. This plan is based on standard soil load bearing characteristics. The main and upper floors of the custom home package can be built on any type of properly constructed foundation.
- Materials needed to complete the basement are available as an option. These materials consist of exterior and interior framing lumber, support beams and posts, sheathing, siding, exterior doors and windows to match the main and upper floors of the custom home.
- Materials such as anchor bolts, hardware and shear walls required by local engineering or building codes are not included.
- Costs resulting from local engineering requirements relating to foundation work and structure of the home are the responsibility of the customer.
4. Hi-Line Structural Framing Components
Custom Homes USA use hi-line appearance grade structural framing lumber. This is kiln dried for maximum stability. It is superior to standard export grade product and can only be sourced from selected sawmills.
This premium material gives you faster home construction, straighter walls and a better interior finish result with less waste. Custom Homes USA also use high quality structural plywood floor sheathing and wall sheathing. Many contractors and building inspectors have commented that our framing material is the finest they have ever seen.
Floor System Features:
- Solid 2”x10” SPF wood joists for ease of construction.
- 3/4" tongue and groove plywood to allow many flooring products to be applied directly.
- Glue to attach plywood securely to joists.
- Cross bracing for maximum strength and stability.
- Engineered joists are an option for designs with longer floor spans.
Wall System Features:
- 1/2” plywood sheathing.
- 2”x6” SPF pre-cut studs on 16” centers to provide outstanding structural loading capability.
- Treated sill plates and insulating gasket.
- Typar vapor barrier system for maximum weather protection.
- Optional panelized wall systems are available for faster construction.
5. Brand Name Windows and Doors
Custom Homes USA only provides brand name windows and exterior doors with superior warranties manufactured to our specifications by national suppliers.
You can take advantage of volume buying power and still get full custom design flexibility. This is because only large manufacturers can supply the many shapes, sizes, colors and functional characteristics required in today’s custom home construction. Custom Homes USA provides these products specifically for energy efficiency, low maintenance, high performance and exceptional value.
- All Weather EnergySaver dual pane vinyl windows in white with an optional upgrade to wicker, featuring picture, casement and awning windows. Multiple window styles are available.
- Stain grade hemlock jamb extensions are included.
- Limited 20 year warranty and low maintenance.
- Low-E coating and argon gas to reduce heating and cooling costs.
- All opening windows have locking systems and screens.
- Options include a virtually unlimited choice of specialty shapes, and grilles.
- Windows by other brand name manufacturers increase the optional product offering to include vinyl, wood and metal clad or fiberglass in a large selection of designer colors.
- Coastal windows with impact-resistant glass and frame reinforcements for high wind applications are also available.
Exterior Door Features:
- All Weather 6 panel textured fiberglass doors with metal clad jambs for durable performance and low maintenance. Many styles are available.
- Energy Star ® insulation values in energy efficiency.
- Doors are 3 feet wide for easy access.
- Limited 5 year warranty.
- Wide range of options including solid wood and steel doors, glass inserts and sidelites in many sizes and finishes.
6. High Performance Siding
Custom Homes USA provides a wide variety of siding in various top quality materials. Engineered composite siding from national brand name manufacturers comes pre-finished in a number of popular colors.
Custom Homes USA premium grade western 1” x 6” red cedar channel siding is a popular option for a natural wood finish and provides up to twice the protection on exterior walls than bevel siding. It is also more stable and easier to install with less waste. Pre-staining is a popular choice to allow siding to be applied in any weather conditions.
- Custom Homes USA provides premium grade 1”x6” western red cedar channel siding can be applied vertically or horizontally to give the desired exterior look. A wide range of pre-stain options available.
- Guaranteed amount of siding to cover the entire exterior of your custom home.
- Optional rain screen window flashings and optional rain screen battens to create airspace capillary break between siding and wall sheathing are available where required.
- Many different siding options are available including western red cedar tongue and groove siding and Fiber cement lap siding primed or pre-finished.
7. Superior Roof System and Materials
Custom Homes USA provides in roof systems that support cathedral ceilings and vaulted areas as well as conventional flat ceilings. This allows the use of large window arrangements to provide the maximum amount of natural light.
Custom Homes USA minimum structural roof loading capacity on any roof is 60lb per square foot. Custom Homes USA by providing expertise in post and beam construction allows for upgrade snow loading capability to over 500lb per square foot. This kind of home construction also offers excellent protection from high winds and earthquakes. In addition you are provided the best combination of structural options and the most design flexibility available in the market place. This makes your roof system the strongest in the industry.
Roof System Features:
- 2”x15” solid wood D-Fir pre-cut roof joists with 2”x4” cross strapping.
- Douglas fir glulam exposed beams and trusses indicated on plans.
- Optional engineered trusses, scissor trusses or attic trusses.
- High performance CertainTeed Landmark fiberglass shingles with lifetime limited warranty.
- 1/2” plywood sheathing, with H-clips.
- 15lb roofing felt to protect the entire roof.
- Roof flashing in valleys and continuous ridge venting.
- Ice and water shield for eave and valley protection.
- A wide range of shingle and metal roofing options are available.
8. Trim, Fascia, Soffit and Interior Liner
There are many options available depending on the preferred look and style of your custom home.
- 1”x8” and 2-1”x8” western red cedar fascia boards are included on gables and eaves. Triple 1”x8” western red cedar fascia boards are featured where beams extend to fascia.
- 1”x6” western red cedar soffit is included.
- 1”x4” western red cedar window, door and corner trim is included. A wide variety of trim options are available to get the desired exterior look.
- Interior liner is available in pine or cedar to give your custom home a natural look in feature rooms.
9. Full Range of Product Options
Custom Homes USA specializes in offering true custom home design for over 25 years in order for customers to get virtually any desired look. Custom Homes USA offers a very wide range of options in virtually all products used for custom home construction. Full details are available by contacting Custom Homes USA.
Options selected will be detailed in the products listed in Schedule A of the purchase agreement.
10. Comprehensive Warranties
Warranties are only as good as the strength of the companies that provide them. This is why Custom Homes USA only provides national brand name suppliers who have a proven track record of service. You get one of the strongest combinations of warranties available.
- Custom Homes USA offers a 10 year structural warranty.
- Warranties from manufacturers of building products range from lifetime to minimum two years depending on the materials or components selected.
Custom homes on the website may differ in size, layout and finishing to the floor plans. Custom home packages do not include site specific engineering, engineering hardware, insulation, caulking, vapor barriers, interior finish, overhead garage doors, construction, plumbing, heating, electrical, paint, floor coverings or cabinets.